Banco Chambers excels in Chambers & Partners 2017 rankings
Banco Chambers and its members has been recognised as one of Australia's leading barristers' chambers by global rankings agency Chambers and Partners, having been ranked band 1 as a chambers for dispute resolution matters in its 2017 guide to the profession in Asia. Chambers and Partners noted that Banco Chambers membership includes "some of Australia's leading junior barristers, in addition to a core of established and respected silks."
Chambers and Partners also ranked a number of Banco Chambers' members, across arrange of practice areas, listed below.
- Peter Brereton SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution, and noted as "an excellent litigation leader."
- Sandy Dawson SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution, and described as "a highly regarded senior practitioner in media and defamation law."
- Robert Dick SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution, and Restructuring/Insolvency (Band 1), and noted as a "uniquely insightful advocate who is well respected by the Bench and fellow advocates alike."
- Richard McHugh SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution, and described as "excellent and very versatile" and as having a willingness to "invest himself in the a matter and dig into the detail."
- Robert Newlinds SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution, and Restructuring/Insolvency (Band 1), and acknowledged as "one of the leaders of the Australian Bar" as well as being "renowned for cross examination."
- Farid Assaf - ranked in Dispute Resolution and praised as being a barrister who is "across all the factual detail, has all the relevant authorities at his fingertips, and thinks laterally."
- Tim Breakspear - ranked in Construction and Infrastructure (Band 1), and acknowledged as an "outstanding" construction and infrastructure specialist.
- Kristen Deards - ranked in Tax (Band 1), and identified as the "standout junior at the Sydney Bar"
- Ruth Higgins - ranked as one of only two band 1 Dispute Resolution juniors, and noted as a "deeply experienced barrister" who is "active on a wide range of commercial, competition, and media related cases."
- Fiona Roughley - ranked in Dispute Resolution and praised for being "smart, diligent, and a pleasure to work with."