Banco Chambers excels in Chambers & Partners 2019 rankings
Banco Chambers and its members have been recognised as one of Australia's leading providers of legal advice and advocacy services by the respected global rankings agency Chambers and Partners, having been ranked band 1 as a chambers for dispute resolution matters in its 2019 guide to the legal profession in Asia-Pacific. Chambers and Partners noted that Banco Chambers membership includes "some of Australia's leading junior barristers, in addition to a core of established and respected silks," while also noting that Banco Chambers "has a distinctive identity and some really outstanding talent."
Chambers and Partners also ranked a number of Banco Chambers' barristers across arrange of practice areaslisted below. Banco Chambers' marketing leading expertise particularly stands out in the dispute resolution category, with nine senior counsel featuring in the rankings, more than any other Chambers.
- Farid Assaf SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution and noted for "his well honed advocacy skills."
- Peter Brereton SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution (Band 1), and noted as "a first-class lawyer who is calm and measured, very commercial, and understands his clients."
- Sandy Dawson SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution, and described as "one of the top senior counsel practising in media and defamation ... a brilliant, very knowledgeable performer."
- Kristen Deards SC - ranked in Tax, and noted for being a source of "very good and practical advice."
- Robert Dick SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution, and Restructuring/Insolvency (Band 1), and noted as a "a very able, measured advocate."
- Justin Gleeson SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution (Band 1), and noted as a "seasoned and fierce advocate with a terrific mind," who is "something to behold in full flight."
- Ruth Higgins SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution and described as "highly respected at the Sydney Bar," "a force to be reckoned with," a "dogged opponent" but also as someone who is "good to deal with."
- Richard McHugh SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution, and described as "a great trial advocate."
- Cameron Moore SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution, and noted as a "standout in competition law," and "a very clever, very good competition lawyer who can pull of some great coups."
- Robert Newlinds SC - ranked in Dispute Resolution, and Restructuring/Insolvency (Band 1), and acknowledged for his handling of "complex, large-scale contractual disputes," and that "his commercial acumen is amazing and his advocacy skills are revered."
- Tim Breakspear - ranked in Construction and Infrastructure (Band 1), noted as an "outstanding junior who is widely lauded for exceptional performance on construction and infrastructure cases," and has also drawn praise for his responsiveness and the quality of his advocacy and written work.
- Fiona Roughley - ranked in Dispute Resolution and identified as a "go-to junior" with a diverse practice encompassing commercial and public law.
- David Sulan - ranked in Restructuring/Insolvency (Band 1) and described as "of the juniors ... probably the best around."